PennOpen Pass is a daily symptom tracker and exposure reporting system designed to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading within the Penn community.
- PennOpen Pass is not required for entry into most University buildings. However, PennOpen Pass is required to enter health care settings at Penn Medicine and University facilities that serve patients, such as Penn Dental at the Schattner Center, and Penn Cares testing sites.
- Only University faculty, postdoctoral trainees, staff, and students who are not fully vaccinated or have not recorded their fully vaccinated status in their appropriate system of record, Workday@Penn or Student Health Service, are required to use PennOpen Pass daily.
- Fully vaccinated University faculty, postdoctoral trainees, staff, and students who have recorded their fully vaccinated status in their appropriate system of record are not required to use PennOpen Pass daily.
- While fully vaccinated individuals are not required to complete PennOpen Pass daily, all University campus members should continue to use PennOpen Pass to report new symptoms and exposures to guide testing and clinical management according to the latest guidelines.
- Penn Medicine faculty, postdoctoral trainees, staff, and students entering Penn Medicine health care settings are required to complete daily symptom checks using PennOpen Pass and show a Green Pass upon entering.
For individuals who are not fully vaccinated or do not report their fully vaccinated status, symptom checks must be completed in PennOpen Pass before the start of each day, including on weekends, to reduce the risk that any COVID-19 case could lead to an outbreak. Daily symptom tracking enables PennOpen Pass to act as an early warning system of potential COVID-19 infections on campus. If COVID-19 cases are diagnosed, clinical staff and contact tracers will respond quickly to contain spread and connect individuals at risk to care in an expedited manner. For persons working or learning remotely 100% of the time, PennOpen Pass still provides access to expedited clinical guidance should a need arise.