The Associate Director of the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Center works with graduate and professional students one-on-one and advises the Center’s affiliated graduate and professional student groups. They will be a centralized transition and resource coordinator for the transgender/nonbinary community, be a campus confidential resource, run the peer Mentor Program, supervise a part time employee, represent the Center as needed, and manage all aspects of the Center’s website, social media, and technology.
The LGBT Center Associate Director:
- Works directly with graduate and professional students one-on-one as well as undergraduates as needed.
- Advises graduate student organizations.
- Functions as a centralized transition/resource coordinator and resource for the transgender/nonbinary community.
- Maintains and builds on- and off-campus relationships.
- Supervises the part-time Building Coordinator and acts as their back-up.
- Runs the Mentor Program.
- Manages all aspects of the Center’s website, social media, and technology.
- Plans, executes, and evaluates programs and activities in collaboration with students and campus partners (e.g. QPenn, Lavender Graduation, etc.).
- Assists in resource creation and dissemination as well as representing the Center widely.
- Supports Center-sponsored trainings.
- Act as a campus confidential resource.
- Handles financial matters such as fund payments to students, receipts, and reimbursements.