How Steven Chen is revolutionizing LGBTQ inclusivity at Penn and beyond with OurSpace.
University Life is you!
University Life supports undergraduate, graduate, and professional students as they engage in academic, artistic, civic, cultural, and pre-professional experiences. The division is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for all members of the campus community. Offering robust activities, comprehensive services, and highly personalized support, University Life helps Penn students reach their fullest potential.
University Life News
In April of 2020, The University of Pennsylvania established the Task Force on Support to Asian and Asian-American Students and Scholars (TAASS) to coordinate and
Resources & Activities
University Life supports all undergraduate, graduate, and professional students whether you are on campus, off-campus, or learning remotely from far. Read on for information about opportunities to get involved, find community, and stay well.
Get to Know Us
Two-minute video featuring University Life departments and services.
- Students walking down Locust Walk.
- University of Penn shield logo is shown.
- Text reads “University Life is All About You!.”
- Vice Provost Mamta Accapadi wearing a light blue polo shirt with an embroidered Penn Shield speaks outside on Locust Walk
- Voiceover of Mamta and footage of her speaking to students in an auditorium
- Voiceover of Mamta and footage of students walking in a group at the ARCH
- Text reads “Clubs & Activities.”
- Text reads “Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life, OFSL”. Two students dance surrounded by peers wearing shirts with Greek letters.
- Text reads NROTC. Two students in NROTC uniforms hoist an American flag.
- Text reads “Office of Student Affairs, OSA,”. Students celebrate Hey Day outside, sporting their Hey Day straw hats , t-shirts, and canes.
- Text reads “PLATT Student Performing Arts House”. Students sing and dance on stage.
- Text reads “Cultural Resource Centers.”
- Text reads “GIC, Greenfield Intercultural Center, GIC”. Grass Dancers perform at a Native at Penn Powwow in the Hall of Flags.
- Text Reads “Center for Hispanic Excellence: La Casa Latina.” Students and staff socialize in the center.
- Text reads “Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Center, LGBT Center.” Staff works with a student in the center.
- Text reads “Makuu: The Black Cultural Center”. Student sits behind a desk and speaks to staff member at the Center.
- Text reads “PAACH, Pan Asian American Cultural Center”. Students and staff gather at a table in the center.
- Text reads “PWC, Penn Women’s Center.” Students march holding a “Take Back The Night” banner.
- Text reads “Student Supports“
- Text reads “Career Services.” Students meet with employers at a career fair.
- Text reads “PVP, Penn Violence Prevention,” Staff leads a presentation on stage.
- Text reads “SIS Student Intervention Services” Staff member speaks to a student, both are indoors wearing masks.
- Text reads “Weingarten Center, Student Disability Services.” An interpreter signs to a group of student-athletes at an event.
- Text reads “Weingarten Center, Learning Resources.” A staff member works with a student on an assignment.
- Text reads “Weingarten Center, Tutoring Services.” A tutor works with a student.
- Text reads “Administrative Services.”
- Text reads “University Life Technology Services,” A staff member leads a presentation for her team.
- Text reads “University Life Strategic Initiatives and Operations.” Students make s’mores at a program in Houston Hall. Staff discusses a conference room.
- Text reads “Get to know us!” The LOVE statue on Penn’s campus is shown.
- Last frame, Penn University Life logo appears on screen.
What a journey it has been! By now, you are settling into your living communities, among new and old friends, and ready for the upcoming school year. Spending time with many of you during move-in, I have been so moved by your stories of sacrifice and triumph, and our community is that much more precious because you are a part of it.